Digital, tech and creative.
Rush Green Campus Dagenham Road Romford RM7 0XU
If London’s reputation as a global centre for digital and creative sectors inspires you, then you’ll need the best professional and technical training if you want to be ready to join the buzz and break into the industry.
London’s national award-winning Barking & Dagenham College is a Digital & Creative Career College. It means that your professional and technical training has been designed by employers to help young adults, just like you, get the right skills for the job.
You’ll benefit from our enhanced access to digital, tech and creative industry employers. It means that you’ll meet these industry leaders during your training so you can find out what they look for in their new recruits and exactly what jobs are out there.
Choose from a wide range of professional and technical training and, as part of your course, you’ll get access to real work briefs from clients which will look great on your CV:
- 3D design / product design
- Coding and programming
- Digital marketing
- Games design and development
- Fashion design
- Film making
- Performing arts – dance, acting, music
- Production arts – set design, prop design, puppetry
- Photography and the visual arts
- Social media
- Software development
- Technical theatre – stage management, sound engineer, lighting technician
- Textile design
- TV and Film production
- Video production
You’ll study in specialist, high tech work spaces, equipped with the latest equipment and software:
- iCreate@BDC: our 1,000 sqm digital and creative hub opened by HRH The Duke of York, KG in 2014.
- #TheChannel: our Live TV studio where students work as crew and presenters to create programmes
- The Broadway Theatre: a real working theatre which has trained leading actors on stage and screen, including Golden Globe nominee Idris Elba Photography studios and labs
News and Updates
Budding Dagenham designer in finals of international fashion competition
Philomena Sarpong, studying Level 3 BTEC Diploma in Fashion & Textiles was recently a finalist at 'Liberate your style' fashion design competition co-hosted by The Liberty, Romford and M&S. The competition received global attention and provided a prestigious platform for a BDC student to showcase her work.
Guardian columnist opens up on student TV show
Paloma Faith’s warm-up man, Guardian columnist, social commentator and activist, Owen Jones, shared his views with students when he appeared as a studio guest this week on Barking & Dagenham College’s student-run live TV station, #TheChannel.